Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It feels like lit class- heaven

     Well, I finished my book week. I ended up reading Racing in the rain, starting Same kind of Different as Me and The Street Lawyer. I am halfway through both of those books. They really are absorbing. Coincidentally the two books I am reading now are both about homeless people and a rich white man that wants to help them. I see volunteer work at a soup kitchen in my future. Racing in the rain- good story. Can't tell if it is written that way on purpose because it is the point of view of the dog or if it is just kind of poor writing. Like I said, it is a good story, but too many descriptors some times.
     I made a list of the books that I want to read, but I'm updating on my lunch break, so I am not sure what they are. I know for sure I want to read Packing for Mars by Mary Roach. All of her stuff is hilarious AND informative. Just as importantly, she was part of the inspiration for this whole blog!
      I also want to read Lena Roy's new novel Edges. I've been following her blog ( http://www.lenaroy.com )for a while and like her writing style. I can't wait to read something novel length. Technically it is young adult lit, but I find the best young adult lit is just like regular fiction without the swear words.
     This week is write a play week. What I can tell you so far is that it is named "Reunion" and is a statement about youth in the modern day.

3 comments:

JC said...

Young Adult Lit, can be the best especially when the rest of your life is hectic it is easy to get absorbed And BTW I feel that you still are a young adult :)

Hannah said...

Exactly! Plus sometimes literature that is a little more innocent and not just selling shock is refreshing.

Léna Roy said...

What a fun blog! I am glad that you enjoy mine and introduced yourself to me. I hope that you enjoy EDGES just as much. Cheers!