Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Starting off my new year right.

               Celebration week was the best idea I've had so far! I know that some of you participated along with me because I was there. For those of you more remote, I hope you found your own ways to have fun. This week was full. Monday night I had to work but we made it a celebration by laughing more than we worked. Tuesday I went to dinner with a good friend and then Ben and I went to see Pirates 4. Wednesday I went out with the ever-excellent Gloria to paint pottery. Thursday day we celebrated at work with donuts and presents.  Thursday night I celebrated with sleep; 12 hours to be exact. It was supposed to be a nap before going out to dinner and I just didn’t wake up. I am a little concerned that Ben didn’t wonder if I was still living. I did not move until 6 a.m. the next day.

                Now the real party weekend. The celebration started because my boss let us out early from work because she didn’t want to work anymore than we did. I went to the mall and treated myself to a tiara and new shade of lipstick. Then it was on to Virago for a friend’s going away party and then to Fido to meet 3 friends for dinner. Next it was to Sambuca for the best flourless chocolate cake that exists. All with my closest friend in Nashville.

                I didn’t get to party that hard because I was up early the next morning and to my Dad’s farm for ½ of the family celebration. My dad, brother, two sisters, one brother-in-law, niece, nephew and their friends all fished and then ate lunch on the dock. Dad even thought enough in advance to get me a cake (even if he couldn’t remember how old I was. I heard 23, 24, and 26. Definitely not 25). After that I left and went to Hendersonville for Seafood with mom’s side of the family. Friends, cousins, my aunt and uncle and of course mom all came and we had a great time. I had stuffed crabs. Sadly, there was no cake involved. But  I still wore my tiara

                Sunday was mostly sleeping until Ben and I went and ate Mexican. How did you celebrate? 

This week is organization week. I am getting my house organized and my personal papers. It is not really a skill that I’m learning, but I could definitely use practice. Otherwise I’m just going to have to move and leave ½ my stuff there.

No comments: