Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Poetry...in motion

     Poetry week was really just an excuse for me to luxuriate in words without giving in to more reasonable To-Dos. I love it as usual. Right now I am away from my books, but soon I will post the names of my  favorite new poems. I managed to memorize a bit of "She Walks in Beauty" by Lord Byron and "Music When Soft Voices Die," by Shelley.
      Special mentions to Vicky and Casey who sent me their favorite poems. If only we lived closer we could have a killer poetry club. I'd bring nachos! An EXTRA SPECIAL mention goes to my big sis Cindy who sent me an original. She didn't want it shared, so I will not. She hides her pen under a barrel too often and I hope someday she will share some of her writing.
     Inspired by my reading this week is Calligraphy week! I got a late start as I was in NC for three days out of the week. Oh well, onward and upward. Thanks to Casey I have also decided to to a 'classic' movie week soon. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Bradley said...

Auntie Mame is a perfect classic :) I've got it if you would like to borrow!

Unknown said...

Lol, I'm so pleased that I inspired you to have a classic movie week! I have a TON of recommendations. Bringing up Baby, The Philadelphia Story, and the Seven Year Itch are excellent comedies. I think you would love The Lion in Winter with Katherine Hepburn and Peter O'Toole. You can never go wrong with Hitchcock, but my favorites are Shadow of a Doubt, Psycho, the Birds, and Rear Window. Singing in the Rain is a fantastic musical. If you're looking for science fiction try the original the Day the Earth Stood Still and Plan 9 from Outer Space (horrible movie, but awesome). I spent a year watching nothing but Turner Classic Movies, can you tell?